You’ve had a weird suntan as a result of wearing zinc, slid on a black plastic home-made slip and slide.
You may or may not have obtained rock-related bruises on your butt or lost some skin as a result of sliding along the grass or hitting the fence at the end) and you’ve played spotlight with the neighbourhood kids.
Are you an Aussie Kid?
You receive one point for each item that you can relate to”¦ GO!
1. At school you played handball, elastics or marbles
2. When you sang Advance Australia Fair you had to make up the 3rd line, something like ‘with golden soil and well for toil’
3. You owned a slip and slide or a home-made version made out of a tarp
4. You were sometimes allowed to sit on a grown-up’s lap and steer the car
5. You played spotlight with the neighbourhood kids
6. When Kylie Minogue became a singer sometimes you’d call her Charlene and you knew her sister Danni from Young Talent Time
7. You did something completely ridiculous on a skateboard (you lose a point if you’ve been towed behind a car using a rope)
8. You played cricket on the beach or kanga cricket on a picnic
9. You not only owned a pair on thongs, but you didn’t know why foreigners giggled when you told them you were wearing your thongs
10. You had water fights in the backyard with whatever materials you had at hand
11. You either shortened or lengthened your friend’s names, but rarely used their actual name
12. You ate sausages and veggies at least 3 nights a week for dinner
13. You watched Neighbours or Home and Away and had a loyalty to one or the other, and may or may not have discussed the merits of each with your friends
14. You rolled down sand dunes or slid down on a some cardboard covered by a garbage bag
15. You walked to school or rode your bike to school from a very young age
16. When talking to foreigners you pretended that it wasn’t a big deal to see a Kangaroo or a Koala, and encouraged their fear of poisonous snakes and spiders
17. You swore never to waste money on bottled water, then you did
18. You’ve swung on a tyre or rope over a creek
19. You’ve swung around on a hills hoist clothesline (you lose a point if you’ve tied a rope from the Hills Hoist to the second floor window of a house and used it as a flying fox)
20. You found the steepest hill possible and skateboarded or roller skated down
21. You ate Weetbix for breakfast
22. You climbed trees may or may not have made ‘leaf bombs’ from those trees with tiny leaves
23. You’ve built some kind of treehouse or fort, even if it was only out of tarp in a hole
24. You’ve had a zinc suntan or a thong suntan
25. When someone on the TV mentioned a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you thought they actually put ‘real’ jelly on the sandwich
26. You’ve sang Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi
27. You’ve played Totem Tennis in the backyard
28. You wore trackie dacks, netball pants or bike shorts under your school dress to cover your underwear, and this made it ok to do handstands
29. You’ve had an argument with someone about whether they are called trackie dacks
30. You’ve had an argument with someone about swimwear and whether they are called cozzies, bathers, togs or swimmers
31. You’ve debated how to pronounce the word “castle”
32. You know what it means to say “straight to the pool room”.
33. You know the meaning of ‘It’s cactus’, ‘give it a burl’, ‘woop woop’ and ‘Deadset!
34. You’ve watched Agro’s Cartoon Connection
35. You played head down thumbs up at school
36. You know what it means when someone says (in a strange English sounding accent) “a dingo stole my baby!”
37. Kylie Mole accurately exposed to Australia how you spoke to your friends (it may or may not have been over exaggerated)
38. You spent some time contemplating why they choose to use 000 for emergency services when it would have been quicker to ‘dial’ 111
39. You learnt your North South East and West positioning as Never Eat Soggy Weet-Bix
40. You remember the ad on TV with a lady saying “I’m a single mother with a dauta” and can accurately imitate her accent
41. You remember when the ABC used to switch off for the night and what that colourful black and white circle colourful looking thingy
42. You wanted a BMX after watching “BMX Bandits” or you had a bike with spokey dokeys