With kids in school and family visiting, the Holiday Season often means colds, flus, and viruses. Or, if you’re traveling yourself or visiting an airport, you need every advantage possible to fight off germs.
Luckily, Keto Zone can help this Holiday Season. Here are 6 ways to boost your immune system with Keto Zone this year.
Boost Your Immune System with Keto Zone during the Holidays
1. Better Sleep Will Boost Your Immune System with Keto Zone
Let’s start by taking it easy.
We all need more sleep, moms especially. But, did you know that your immune system needs you to sleep more, too?
When you cut carbs and sugars from dinner and snacks with Keto Zone, you will sleep better and improve metabolic responses.
In fact, when your body is overloaded with carbs and sugar at night, it responds with imbalanced hormones, altered metabolism, increased incidences of diabetes, weight gain and fat storage (1).
But, you can fight back with Keto Zone. Eat less carbs and sugar to sleep better. Let your immune system thrive.
Studies show that adequate sleep is linked to better immunity, less chronic disease, and improved brain health(2).
2. Boost Healthy Gut Bacteria for Better Immune Function
The Holidays can wreak havoc on our guts and the healthy bacteria. Wintertime sickness, poor food choices, alcohol and more can disrupt healthy gut bacteria.
This can be debilitating for a mom’s immunity. Our healthy gut bacteria is directly linked to our body’s immune function. If diminished, the immune system suffers. If thriving, the immune system improves (3).
Practice a little self-care and take care of your healthy gut bacteria this Holiday Season. To start, eat fermented foods and supplements. Add plain yogurt, sauerkraut, kefir, kimchi, kombucha, tempeh, fermented vegetable powders (like Fermented Green Supremefood), living seeds (like Living Chia with Probiotics), and/or probiotic supplements to your diet.
Studies show that people who eat yogurt, fermented foods, or probiotics regularly have:
- More lactobacilli (healthy bacteria)
- Less Enterobacteriaceae (inflammatory bacteria) (4)
- Less Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Less loose stools or constipation
In fact, both anecdotal case studies and research link fermented foods and probiotics to improved digestion symptoms and the proliferation of healthy bacteria (5). This is great news for immune function.
3. Add Medium-Chain Triglycerides to Boost Your Immune System with Keto Zone
Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are special fats that offer a plethora of health benefits including:
- Abdominal fat loss
- Improved energy
- Ketone production for better health, mental clarity and more
- Improved immune function
How do MCTs boost your immune system?
MCTs actually activate immune cells. Interestingly, they do so by themselves, without added omega-3s or other fats (6). Researchers have hypothesized that they change the mitochondrial function to boost the immune function.
The tastiest and easiest way for moms to add MCTs to their diet is through Divine Health’s MCT Oil Powder. Add it to your coffee (it’s a great “creamer”) and try Dutch Chocolate, Pumpkin Spice, French Vanilla, and more!
4. Use Keto Zone to Reduce Inflammation with Omega-3s, Spices, and Low-Carb Keto Zone Eating
Moms can definitely use a bit less inflammation. And fortunately, Keto Zone reduces inflammation and boosts the immune system in 3 distinct ways:
- It promotes high levels of healthy fats in the diet
- It recommends lots of anti-inflammatory spices such as ginger and turmeric
- Sugar is inflammatory in the body. Omitting refined carbohydrates and sugars reduces inflammation
But what does this have to do with immune function for moms?
Inflammation is simply an abnormal immune response. It affects all body systems including the digestive tract, which in turn affects immune function and whole-body health (7).
Your body reacts with inflammatory responses or anti-inflammatory responses largely based on your diet.
Keto Zone will help you take the sugar and carbs out, omit processed foods, add anti-inflammatory spices and healthy fats, and boost your immune system.
5. Add Keto-Friendly Vitamin D
One vitamin stands above the others when it comes to wintertime sickness and immune function. It may just be a mom’s best friend at the Holidays: Vitamin D.
When we don’t receive enough direct sunlight to naturally produce vitamin D in our bodies during the winter, our immune systems suffer. During this time of year, it’s important to add Keto Zone Friendly vitamin D foods and supplements, like Dr. Colbert’s Hormone Zone and Thyroid Zone.
A huge 2017 study drives this point home. It analyzed 11,321 participants and was published in the British Medical Journal. Researchers found that those with low vitamin D levels had a higher risk of respiratory infections compared to those with higher levels (8). No one wants a cold during the Holidays!
To improve vitamin D levels, you can:
- Play outside with the kids, go for a lunchtime walk, or sit in the sun. Just 10-15 minutes per day can boost Vitamin D levels.
- Use Keto Zone eating to lose weight. Interestingly, overweight individuals tend to have lower vitamin D levels.
- Eat wild fish, cage-free eggs, and other omega-3 foods.
- Use a Vitamin D3 supplement. Just 1000-2000 IU per day in the winter can raise low levels, and up to 4000 IU per day can be used to correct a deficiency. Talk to your doctor to determine your best level.
6. Use Supremefoods to Boost Immunity and Healthy Bacteria
It’s simple: Antioxidants boost health and immune function.
One of the best places to get antioxidants is from fruits and vegetables. However, it can be difficult for busy moms to get enough.
There’s an easy solution!
Divine Health Fermented Green Supremefood and Organic Red Supremefood.
Supremefoods are loaded with real fruits, vegetables, and antioxidants. They include all those amazing plants you know you need, but don’t get enough:
- Beets: Betanins in beets invoke a 1-2-3 punch for immunity: fighting free radicals, reducing inflammation, and supporting cellular detoxification (9, 10).
- Spirulina: Spirulina improves immune functions and anemia status (11).
- Fermented Wheatgrass: Wheatgrass is a nutrition powerhouse that can prevent many diseases, oxidative stress, primary metabolism, storage, and energy-related mechanisms (12).
Add Supremefoods every day to boost your immune system with Keto Zone.
Of course, hydrating, getting out of stuffy classrooms and building and washing your hands is very important to avoiding sickness as well. But during the Holiday, moms need every ally they can get. This year, you can boost your immune system with Keto Zone. Head to www.divinehealth.com to find Keto Zone MCT Oil Powder, Supremefoods, vitamin D, probiotics, and more.
Your whole household will benefit from the principles, healthy foods, and better immunity.