Six ways to get instant relief from pregnancy heartburn
New Delhi: Pregnancy is difficult for any woman as their body goes through various changes that lead to a lot of discomfort and uneasiness. There are several hormonal changes as well that affect the pressure within various functions of the body. Acid reflux or heartburn is a condition most women suffer when they are carrying. Several hormonal imbalances lead to causing acid from the stomach rising into the food pipe, making you feel nauseated and dizzy. Many times, the uterus causes acid reflux by putting pressure on the stomach. Heartburn, also known as gastroesophageal reflux, or GER also creates a burning sensation in the chest.
There are several kitchen remedies one can follow to get rid of the situation instantly, without worrying about any side effects:
- Yogurt: Yogurt is not just soothing for the palette, but is also packed with probiotics that help in easing heartburn. Having chilled yogurt makes you feel better immediately.
- Milk and Honey: This combination is a sure-shot way to neutralise heartburn in pregnant women. A cup of warm milk along with a tablespoon of honey is a wonder medicine.
- Pineapple: Pineapples are packed with the goodness of vitamin C which helps ease the symptoms of heartburn. Eating a slice of pineapple after meals aids digestion.
- Ginger: This root is a superfood that makes a good cure for an upset stomach. Being high on antioxidants, ginger also helps in reducing inflammation.
- Crackers: Crackers help to absorb excess acid in the stomach and neutralise its effect, helping to ease off heartburn symptoms.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: When diluted with water, apple cider vinegar works wonders for the digestive system.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.